Make money by selling your used books on-line at Powell's!

Sell your books to Powell's

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Part 2 of the Bread Post

Next thing I made was Cinnamon Rolls.  Yep, you can even make Cinnamon Rolls.  Watch!


Roll out the dough to about an 1/8 of an inch like you did for the pizza dough only I did twice as much.  Roll into a rectangle.  Spread one softened cube of butter over the surface.  Then use the wrapper to butter your baking dish.



I covered it with 3/4 cup light brown sugar and 3/4 cup of dark brown sugar.

I sprinkled it with cinnamon.  Just a light even coat.
Roll it up carefully.  I used my spatula to help me get under it.
Cut into slices about 2 or 3 inches thick.
I only cut half.
The other half I wrapped in plastic wrap and froze.  We get yummy cinamon rolls tomorrow and will not have to do any of the work!
Place in your pan, cover with wrap and let rise two hours.  While you are waiting you can make your frosting.

Here is the recipe I used:
1 pound cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
Creme together the butter, creme cheese and vanilla together and slowly add the sugar.  Put into the refrigerator until ready to use.


Heat the oven to 350 and bake.  I checked mine after 15 minutes and kept peaking until they were done.
We iced ours individually, but you can let cool and ice the whole pan if you want.  We wanted some warm ones.  Eat with a fork.....yummmmm.
NEXT
Ever happen to you?  Everyone in the house wants hamburgers for dinner and you don't want to run to the store for buns?  Make them, yep, made the buns.
Get out what you think is a small or womans fist size for each bun you want to make. I made six buns.


Shape them into small loaves by picking it up and rolling the dough under itself to make a ball.


Put them on a silpat cookie sheet or a regular one with cornmeal sprinkled on it.  Let rise for two hours or do a fast rise like I did.  You can cut the time in half by warming your oven to 100 or so degrees.  I just start to preheat to 170 for about two minutes and then turn off the oven.  I heat a small pan of water to boiling and place it on the bottom rack.  Next I put the cookie sheet with bread or buns above the pan of water and shut the oven door.  This really works well.


Bake at a 400 degrees until golden brown.


Love this grill pan.

Okay, they were really good!

Served with home fries and broccoli.  So good Naelyn's friend said she was going to marry me.  I had to tell her Mark would not like that, lol.  Enjoy.  Please post comments, it's how I know that I am being read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you!